Monday, June 11, 2012

Weekend Recap: A little bit of Texas

First ever weekend recap, and at the end of this long, long, LONG Monday, I wish I had more to recap.  It seems like you can either spend your weekends running around with your head cut off trying to do do do, only to be exhausted come Monday and wish you'd just relaxed. OR, you veg out all weekend and get those awful Sunday Blues where you dread facing Monday morning and all the items you neglected.

While we were unfortunately part of the former group and not the lazy latter, my in laws hosted me and the hubs for a lovely little belated birthday dinner so my Sunday evening wasn't so blue.

We kicked off Friday with a riveting trip to the Container Store.  You may be wondering what little part of Texas I was referring to in the title of this post - well it's the Container Store!  Founded in Dallas, Tx, my "home town" I cannot get enough of this store.  Elfa, drawer liners, desk accessories, woven baskets, it's like my own personal OCD heaven.

We went there in hopes of grabbing some baskets/bins/shelves anything we could find to create somewhat of a home base for medicine, towels, sheets, travel accessories, and of course cleaning supplies.

We've got two main "homes" for these items, a hall closet that is currently set up as a coat closet with only 1 shelf and a hanging rack, and then this bookcase-like shelf in our hall bathroom.  The bathroom layout doesn't allow for any sort of "door" to this bookcase shelf, so we've got to make sure items stored here are kept tidy, as this will likely be the primary bathroom everyday guests use.

After much debate, and loads of persuasion, D and I left with some new gray and cream accessories for my office, two boxes of "huggable" hangers (amazing!  I feel like I just got a new closet with all that real estate freed up!), a basic Elfa kit for the hall closet and some woven baskets and plastic drawers for the bathroom.

Outside of dorking out at the Container Store, we did some yard work and put all our new organizing tools to use.  I also took a first crack at some of our bookshelves but that's for another time...

Here's where we netted out with the hall closet and bathroom bookcase. I picked up some Martha Stewart cute(ish) labels from Michaels tonight but I'm not sure how I feel about them.  I swear I pinned a bunch of free printable labels and of course I can't find them.  Any suggestions?


In need of some major zhushing, and home-finding for all the vagabond curtains and mismatched sheets that creeped into this closet.


Notice the separate drawer for "stomach" medicine.  Yes, this is that kind of house.


On another note, this one is still working on adjusting.  She's become slightly needy and clingy which is the cutest and yet most annoying phase thus far in her 7 years of furry life.
Work just shifted into overdrive for both me and D so I'll try to keep this updated but no promises yet! Unmade bed = story of life currently.

xoxo,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment