Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Color Inspiration

Because of the unique floor plan, we really wanted to unify the different levels with a similar color scheme and flooring to make sure it felt cohesive.  Whereas our old home's color pallet was largely dictated by the color of our furnishings (more on that later this week) we wanted to branch out and do something totally different in this space.  Enter inspiration:

Lulie Wallace on Canvas

I originally spotted Lulie's Art on pinterest and instantly fell in love, much like others in the blog/design world have, with recent features on Design Sponge and other design blogs.  What I love most about Lulie's work is her ability to wrap so many bright colors into the gray without any one over-powering the whole piece. 

D and I both new we wanted to break away from our tan walls and try something a little cleaner, little more moderner, a little... gray. But I think we were both a little scared that we'd put on the blinders and forget about the color and pattern we (mainly I) just love so much.

While I don't own a Lulie Wallace piece quite yet, I hope to in the near future because it would really be the pièce de résistance of the new place!

Using the art as our color palette, we ended up selecting a gray Behr paint from Home Depot (we should own stock there by now) that we just LOVE!

Silver Tinsel.

We've used this color in the living room, main hallway, den hallway, and upstairs hallway to create a nice flow and connect the many levels. 

Off the dining room we used a dark sea navy blue to make my peacock dining room dreams come true!

(and enter my lack of finding my paint swatch now.  If anyone wants the exact color I can dig some more to find it but this post has already been delayed at least 4 days with my looking.)


Now we'll top this room off with some color, stained floors (more on that tomorrow!) and chunky, crisp crown molding and baseboards.

xoxo,
KC

No comments:

Post a Comment