Monday, October 8, 2012

This is the 366th day of my life...

This is the first day of my life.  That's the title of the song me and D danced to a year ago today.

It's a special song to us mostly because it was released right around the time D and I first met in 2005, actually right around the time that we first fell in love.  It's definitely a "different" wedding song, but I feel it really encapsulates everything we felt at the time, back in 2005, again in October of 2011 and still today.
 
Remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning
And I thought it was strange you said everything changed
You felt as if you'd just woke up
And you said “this is the first day of my life
I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you
But now I don’t care I could go anywhere with you
And I’d probably be happy”
 
D and I have been together for almost 8 years now and experienced A LOT together, but I can honestly say that right around the time this song came out, I knew this was the man I'd marry. He is not only the love of my life, but my very best friend.  Someone who sees me and loves me and challenges me in a way that really does change everything.

 
Our wedding was a year ago today.  Detailed out here by the incredibly talented Donnell Probst! With the theme of you guessed it...The Newly Cornwells.
 
 
We had our small but heartfelt ceremony in a church by Forest Park and our reception at the Forest Park Golf Club.  The entire day was a whirlwind, as most weddings are, but in talking about it again this morning, we both recanted the exact same favorite memory.
 
The early evening ceremony was so emotional and totally blew me away more that I thought it ever would and the ladies at Cosmo did a killer job of executing everything I had planned, but my favorite part of the day was actually away from everything. Between the ceremony and the reception, the wedding party boarded a bus and drove around Forest Park, right around sunset, making sure the guests had plenty of time to get settle in before making our entrance.
 
At one point, with 3 bottles of champagne left, we made it to the top of Art Hill, a beautiful high point in Forest Park that overlooks the golf course and most of the park. With just the slightest hint of Fall in the air, the sun setting and the lights from the club house twinkling, it was the most perfect part of the night. 
Donnell did a wonderful job capturing the day, and all the emotions therein, but at the end of the day, this grainy iphone picture is one of my most prized pictures of the day. Surrounded by my 3 most favorite people in the world is exactly where I'd like to be any day of the week. Isn't it funny how that works out?
 
cameo by O's super reflective tennies!
 
 
at the end of a wonderful day, off to the hotel and then ITALY!
 
 
 
Happy 1st Anniversary, babes.


all my love,
kate.


1 comment:

  1. i am still so sad that i missed it. love you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete