Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Weekend Recap: Pack Attack

Hello Kiddos!

Sorry for the much belated posting.  Last week D and I were prepping for my family's arrival and yesterday I was just plain old recovering!

To be totally honest I had to get over the emotional hangover that is saying goodbye to your family as an adult.  Somehow this didn't seem as hard when I was clamoring to get back to Mizzou, but now watching them all get packed up and leaving on various airplanes and hitting the road makes me a little sad and wistful for the days when we were all in one city, or even one country.

Sappiness aside, this weekend was super fun, full of yummy meals, cuddles and even a little productivity. My parents got in Thursday night and we gave them the newest tour (complete with some temporary curtains D put up the night before - best hubs ever.)

nothing like installing curtains the night before your in-laws arrive. love you D!

We were up and at it early Friday AM for a trip to my FAVORITE STORE EVER - k. hall for their warehouse sale.  Several candles, soaps and other smelly treats later, me and Kath headed to pick out some new fabric for a few pillows, valances and cafe curtains for the house.  We revisited that awesome fabric house and I got some super cute blue and cream linen with a monotone peacock and floral print for the kitchen and this rich watercolory linen for pillows in the living room - I want to incorporate pops of mustardy/citriney yellow/gold to warm it up a bit. 

Landsmeer Citrine
seriously taking pics of the living room soooon.  Just need to pull the
 trigger on a few more elements.
 
Without going totally schizophrenic on you, I also got some awesome black and white buffalo check for my office - can't wait to finish up the desk and get the valences made to show you all that!
 
The big purchase of the day was a sewing machine!
Singer 6180 Brilliance Sewing Machine
Kath already showed me a few tricks on this guy but I hope to be a pillow making machine in a few months.  This combined with my trusty staple gun (for custom cornices - duh) and I should have all my windows dawned by Christmas!
 

Friday night the twinies got in and there was a lot of cuddling this
Photo: Coffee, fam and my favorite pup :) http://instagr.am/p/RAawi5CVC2/
the main mitchell diva, barkley.
 
by this.
 
First fire in the new house!
 
 
Saturday we took down a tree in the back yard with both sets of in laws - can you say domestic?  Before and after pics later this week! We also watched THE BEST MOVIE EVER  that night, outside by the fire on our projector.
 


Kath said it was "right up there with On Golden Pond" which is basically
cinematic greatness in our book and this was definitely the perfect outdoor fall movie.
 
Sunday we had the main event of the weekend - the Rams Packers game.  Being cheeseheads, I'm sure you can guess who we were rooting for.  If it's still not obvious, these clues may help:
 
mimosas + bloody marys
 
 
Photo: Might as well be his super bowl. #gopackgo http://instagr.am/p/RDHq8duTCs/
Big T tailgating in some fly Tory Burch Ray Bans curiosity of one of his daughters
 
We brought home a victory and topped off the gorgeous day with some steaks.  It was a jam packed weekend of fun and I was super sad to see them go but excited to reunite in a few short weeks for Thanksgiving.
 
What have ya'll been up to these past few days?
 
xoxo,
KC

1 comment:

  1. It was ... a simply glorious weekend! We miss you both too!!!

    Love,
    Mom
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete